Sunday, June 3, 2012

18 weeks from today I will have completed the 2012 Chicago Marathon (hopefully!).

Is it bad that just a few weeks into training I was so excited to have an extra rest day this week and so glad that today's long run was just 6 miles? It is going to be a long summer!

Thank goodness today's run was just 6 miles. It was not a good run. I'm battling shin splints on my right leg. I got stretch and strength exercises to do from the trainer during last Thursday's physical therapy session. I'm hoping that will help!  I also had spent the day gardening, so I'm sure I was dehydrated and I know my back was tired from bending over. Lesson learned--early morning runs are best not only for the cool temps (although that wasn't an issue today) but because I haven't had a chance to wear myself out with any other activities.

Last Sunday's run was a lot of fun. 7 miles with a different running buddy! I'm not typically one to chat during a run. But Sunni is my college roommate and we ALWAYS have catching up to do. So we chatted the whole 7 miles and it was fun! It was incredibly hot so it was good to have the miles go by so quickly :)

And I also have some exciting news about my fundraising...I'm over halfway there!!!  Thank you does not even begin to express how grateful I am! The generosity of my friends and family makes my heart fill with pride and love and joy and amazement! The outpouring of support not only for Dean and the CF Foundation, but also for my marathon journey is awesome. Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone!

http://www.cff.org/LWC/CandyJohnson

No comments:

Post a Comment