Saturday, May 19, 2012



We spent most of this beautiful day at the Great Strides Walk for Cystic Fibrosis. This is our second year participating. Last year we were bundled into multiple layers and/or winter coats. It was cold, windy and rainy--but still an awesome day. This year was hot and sunny--and awesome again. Seeing all the people come together to raise money for this amazing cause and getting to be a part of it is (yes, I'm going to say it again) awesome.

And I met a fellow Team CF marathoner there which was cool! This will be his first marathon, too. It was nice to hear that he has the same conflicting emotions that I do...excited yet petrified :)  He has a granddaughter with CF. As he was walking away, his final comment was something along the lines of "We're going to find a cure." Amen!

Erin (Dean's mom) thanked me multiple times for being there today. But I am thankful to her for giving me a way to help. I can't do a lot for her other than be a good friend with an ear to listen or a shoulder to cry on when she needs it. But I CAN help raise money to keep the research on finding a cure for CF going strong.

So thank you to all of you who have donated to me so far! Every penny makes a difference. Check out one of Erin's latest blogs about some recent exciting research advances that have been made: http://www.itsadifferentkindofperfect.blogspot.com/2012/05/baby-stepping-to-cure.html

http://www.cff.org/LWC/CandyJohnson

No comments:

Post a Comment