Sunday, June 24, 2012

It's officially summer in Chicagoland. I know this not only because the calendar says so, but also because the hot humid air has set in! I feel lucky that it stayed away as long as it did. But the past two Sunday long runs have been hot and HUMID! UGH!

Emily and I ran last week's 9 miles along the Fox River starting in downtown Aurora. 

I'd never run on that section of the Fox River Trail before. We saw lots of chipmunks and squirrels, a bunny, a pair of cardinals, and even a doe! We ran under I-88 and saw some neat houses along the river. Overall a very nice run. We were just a couple miles short of hitting Batavia before we turned around for the second 4.5. How crazy to think that I ran from Aurora almost all the way to Batavia. Soon enough it will be a reality. 

Today was an easy 6 around Yorkville. So fun to say that 6 miles is easy. Any 5K or 10K races this fall after the marathon are going to be a breeze!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment