Sunday, April 15, 2012

Had my first marathon dream the other night. I expect it is probably the first of many, especially as October draws close.

I had two days to run this marathon. The course was all over the place, and in order to run it, you had to follow various strings, tubes, curly-q thingies and they all crisscrossed over each other so from the very beginning I was having trouble staying on course. The first day, I only ran a 5K. The second day I knew I had to cover a lot of ground. So I set back out following the crazy path that wound through baseball fields and a downtown area. At one point, the path I was following went into a movie theater. So I sat down and watched for a while. Then I realized that the day was half over and I'd only finished 9 miles. It was also one of those dreams where you try your very hardest to run fast, but just can't. Usually I'm being chased by something in those types of dreams. But in this one I needed to run fast in order to finish, and I just couldn't. Crazy. That's all I remember. Don't know if I finished. Hope I'm not lured into any movies theaters on Oct. 7 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment